Senior Subcontracts Administrator - Insight Global
Seeking an experienced Senior Subcontracts Administrator that will support proposal activities and administration of subcontracts under active IDIQ, Cost-Plus and Fixed Price Prime Contracts in accordance with our clients procurement policies and procedures. They will also provide administrative support and assist in various tasks related to subcontracts administration, and other supporting tasks as needed.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
Supports proposal preparation, pricing activities, including price negotiation, in conjunction with multiple departments to submit a compliant bid for on new work and task order proposals.
Support proposals for new business capture and task order proposals on Cost-Plus IDIQ’s.
Formulates subcontracts in full compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS), and internal procurement policy and procedures guidelines.
Analyze the subcontractor proposals and document the findings.
Ensure proper flow down of terms and conditions and technical specifications
Performs price and cost analysis on subcontracts/proposals and documents negotiations.
Is proficient with fixed price, cost reimbursement, and time and material subcontracts.
Experience executing subcontracts subject to SCA (Service Contract Act) with wage schedules.
Acts as liaison between the company and the Subcontractor regarding requirements, performance, reporting requirements.
Develops and maintains follow-up status to the proposal/capture team and with subcontractors on all outstanding open subcontracts matters.
Advises management of potential risk and performance impact.
Develops and maintains all necessary reports associated with subcontracting activities.
Performs routine subcontractor due diligence activities as directed.
Maintains configuration control of contractual documentation sent to a subcontractor
Ensures compliance with U.S. statutes and regulations, particularly compliance with U.S. export license statutes and regulations Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and foreign government statutes and regulations as they apply to the company’s contracts/subcontracts.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration preferred, or related field, plus a minimum of 6 years’ experience with demonstrated skills.
Ability to evaluate proposals against SOW/PWS/SOW, demonstrate a working knowledge of FAR/DFARS.
Highly organized, action and task-oriented performer in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Must be able to engage with various stakeholders and all levels (Vice President, Director and Program level associates) with a can-do attitude and strong follow-up on tasks.
Must have keen awareness and understanding of changing market conditions.
Must have expert-level experience in performing price/cost analysis using various techniques in accordance with the FAR
International contracts, subcontract administration experience
Proficient with MS Word and MS Excel is also desired.
Must be able multi task, be detailed oriented, and able work for long periods of time in an administrative desk type work environment.
Must be able to manage and prioritize many proposal assignments simultaneously to meet deadlines.
CPSR knowledge and experience is required.
INTEGRITY - Honesty, Trust and Respect in every situation
EXCELLENCE - Performance, Effectiveness, Quality, and Safety in everything we do
INNOVATION - Embracing new ideas and best practice in every service that we provide.
Contract Administrator – General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job ID#: 24792BR
Job Category: Contracts/Sub Contracts/Purchasing
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Contract Administrator to join our Contracts Data Management group, located in Poway, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists in reviewing bids to ensure they meet company policy and customer solicitation requirements.
Assists in identifying contract issues and developing solutions.
Participates in negotiating and modifying standard contracts and assists in negotiating and modifying non-standard contracts/subcontracts.
Contract preparation and administration, verifying export classification and foreign restrictions, and customer interface to provide for contract award and fulfillment in accordance with company policy.
Reviews, drafts as necessary, and negotiates terms and conditions of non-disclosure, teaming, license, and memorandum of understanding agreements.
Reviews, interprets, recommends, and negotiates contractual terms and conditions and interprets established policies, procedures, and standard practices to develop proactive plans to ensure contact activities achieve desired objectives and timetables.
Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on contracts/subcontracts, including export considerations.
Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
May be required to make brief internal presentations.
Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Represents the organization as the primary administrative contact on assigned contracts.
Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration or a related discipline. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
Must have a basic understanding of acquisition principles, theories and concepts and a general understanding of practices, techniques, and standards.
Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to follow policy and procedures as well as detailed instructions; (2) good verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report findings to a limited audience; (3) good interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees; and, (4) good computer skills.
Working knowledge of SAP desirable.
Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential.
Ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Subcontracts Administrator to be responsible for execution of the procurement function and process within Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions Americas for US Federal projects within the Western US.
Prepare and issue Requests for Proposal (RFPs) to vendors and subcontractors, including development of contract documents, solicitation, and assistance with subcontractor and vendor negotiations
Receive proposals, evaluate on basis of low price, best value or other methods and prepare evaluation documents for review by relevant project team members
Award subcontracts and/or purchase orders and modifications of varying dollar value, risk, creativity and complexity for services and commodities for offices assigned by supervisor to ensure compliance with procurement policies and procedures and good business practices
Perform price or cost analysis and prepare award summaries that effectively support pricing as fair and reasonable
Effectively administer subcontracts and issue any required notices, including consent, cure notices, stop work orders, and terminations if required
Conduct discussions and negotiations terms and conditions with all levels of supplier/subcontractor management and obtain legal review and management approval of changes to standard terms and conditions
Implement and monitor compliance with company procurement / subcontracting policies and procedures
Interface with IT, insurance, tax, health and safety and other applicable departments as required
Become involved in resolution of subcontractor performance problems, changes, disputes and claims and ensure the implementation of the most appropriate corrective actions
Act as liaison with Accounts Payable to resolve subcontractor / vendor invoicing and electronic PO issues
Provide support in Western US to corporate Small Business Program
Assist to maintain the database of subcontractors and suppliers who have Master Subcontract Services Agreements as well regular monitoring of the performance and certifications of these subcontractors and suppliers as required by corporate supply chain management
Bachelor's degree in business-related field
Minimum of 12 years of related experience managing and administering commercial and federal subcontracts
Experience in subcontract negotiation
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong familiarity and technical knowledge with purchasing system software
Strong FAR/DFARS knowledge and influences on procurement processes
If the job requires solo work assignments outside the office, then a valid driver's license is required
Drug screen, background check and social security number verification
Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems. We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Procurement Compliance Specialist to join our compliance team located in Poway, CA. With general direction, this position is responsible for performing procurement analysis/audit to ensure compliance to regulations and Company policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Facilitates procurement system integrity and compliance.
• Applies knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and supplements, including DFARS.
• Maintains awareness of regulatory changes to support compliance with appropriate statutes, regulations and Company practices.
• Participates in development and monitoring of purchasing and subcontracting activities and performance metrics to ensure company processes, procedures and standards are in compliance.
• Supports the maintenance of the Purchasing Supplier Agreement Management Procedures, including implementing changes to documentation and process, as required within procedures.
• Supports the review of Orders submitted to Compliance. Following the review, provides guidance to Purchasing personnel on any actions required to ensure the award is compliant to regulation and company policy.
• Conducts Post Award reviews of Orders on a periodic basis and provides results to management and Purchasing personnel.
• Collects and analyzes Compliance review data to identify trends and areas for process improvement.
• Analyzes data and situations, and develops solutions to complex problems; influences and guides on actions to be taken.
• Possess strong advocacy skills; may provide training to Purchasing staff on Compliance related matters and make presentations to audiences of varying sophistication (both orally and in writing).
• Provides direction, leadership and training to professional and technical staff. Flexible, self-starter; works under pressure to meet tight timelines, manage priorities (multitask) and possess ability to drive changes promoting productivity and efficiency.
• May participate in the development of policies and procedures.
• Represents the department as the primary contact with internal business groups.
• Represents the organization as a consultant to management and external spokesperson for the organization.
• This position involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance.
• Observes all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
• Works in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
• Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Ability to work extended hours and travel, as required.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline and ten or more years of progressive professional supplier administration or management experience. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
• Must have a detailed understanding of CPSR (Contractor Purchasing System Review) requirements, a working knowledge of FAR, DFARS, CAS, ITAR and EAR regulations, supplier administration, supply chain, purchasing, material management, production and/or material control practices, concepts, principles and regulations. Must have experience demonstrating the application of those principles, concepts, and practices. Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts and the ability to organize, schedule and coordinate multiple work phases. Must be able to provide innovative solutions to moderately complex problems. Must have strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation and interpersonal skills, be able to work independently and in a team, and be capable of representing the organization as the prime contact.
• Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Are you passionate about negotiating contracts and developing creative business agreements that contribute to success? Do you thrive working with highly-motivated and creative peers in a dynamic and informal environment? If so, then Viasat has a great career opportunity for you.
Viasat’s very successful and growing Government Systems Segment is seeking an engaged, proactive, team oriented Sr. Contracts Manager who can support Secure Network Systems (SNS) business area and be part of Viasat's contracts staff to represent the company to a variety of customers on transactional contracts and strategic agreements. SNS provides high grade encryption on trusted security platforms. Our customer set includes US and International federal, defense, financial, healthcare, high tech enterprise, and regulated markets (utilities, oil, gas, etc.) customers that purchase information assurance and cyber security equipment. You, as a senior working manager, and your direct reports will be empowered to propose, prepare and negotiate contracts and partnering agreements that provide creative solutions to solve unique problems. You will lead cross-functional teams in negotiations and exercise independent judgment in managing all phases of contract execution and customer interaction. The ability to identify and articulate key deal points, conduct transactional risk assessment and mitigation, and prepare for negotiation is necessary. You will effectively communicate with various levels of internal management on contractual issues and offerings in order to develop and coordinate business positions and contractual terms. The ideal candidate will be a fast learner, have experience in creatively solving unique problems for improved results, is a self-starter with the ability to work within broad guidelines and general supervision and think and act creatively “outside of the box” to solve unique problems. You should have depth of expertise in government and commercial contracting practices, proposal compliance, terms and conditions and support of major government, commercial and international programs.
Viasat is changing the way people connect across the globe in the air, on the ground, and at sea. From our award-winning in-flight connectivity, to providing home internet to millions of users, to big data and security, we thrive on pushing the boundaries of what is possible. Our in-flight Wi-Fi connectivity is presently streaming Amazon Prime and Netflix on providers like JetBlue and United Airlines. Viasat has more satellite capacity than any other company in the world! Viasat believes everyone and everything can be connected.
We're never satisfied with the status quo, and we're passionate about innovating better internet to serve the world. Our culture empowers us to do the right thing and explore technology that will benefit people across the globe.
8+ years of progressive government contracts experience and accomplishments including the creation of contracts, proposals and agreements.
Advanced working knowledge of the FAR, DFARS and DoD acquisition policy.
A superior proficiency in drafting commercial contracts and strategic agreements such as Teaming Agreements, Terms Sheets, Sales Representative Agreements and negotiating with a keen eye to recognize and minimize company risk and maximize Viasat’s profitable execution success.
Ability to develop and apply solutions to complex problems requiring a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
Able to quickly comprehend business deals, provide strategic input, and effectively tailor the agreements to better meet company objectives.
Strong experience to effectively utilize Excel spreadsheets as well as data bases (such as Oracle and Sales Force Tracker).
Skilled communicator with strong written and verbal skills.
Ability to multi-task and administer various responsibilities with internal and external customers while meeting deadlines in a professional and organized manner.
U.S. Government position. U.S. Citizenship required.
Willingness and ability to secure a U.S. Government security clearance.